Review // La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Daily Moisturiser

Leave a Comment

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Daily Moisturiser 40ml, £14.50 - Boots

I've never been particularly into skincare until this last year. The more I understand my skin and the more I get into the application of makeup the more I understand the importance of taking care of your skin, not only that but recognising what your skins needs are.

My skin type is normal/oily. I am relatively normal around my outer face but the T-zone is rather oily, especially during summer. A lot of this may be down to dehydration but even fully hydrated, I still get oily, so incorporating products into my skincare routine that work for my skin type is something I'm trying master.

I've heard of La Roche-Posay before but never bought anything from the brand. their Effaclar Duo+ is well known in the blogosphere for being a cult product in the treatment of blemishes and acne and the brand itself has become somewhat cult over the last few years.

The french are known for having beautiful skin so it makes sense that a French brand is up there with the best of them for fighting skin problems. I finally decided to try out one of their products whilst I was browsing in Boots for a new moisturisers and after seeing Marissa Carter, founder of Cocoa Brown Fake Tan, rave about it on snapchat I decided to give it a whirl, as it was on offer at the time!


The product claims that it will reduce pore size, increase skin luminosity and reduce build up and production of sebum on the skin. it is also 100% hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, has a high concentration of selected active ingredients with soothing thermal spring water, minimal ingredients and fragrance  and has apparently been tested on the most sensitive skin. Which all sounds absolutely great! But how have I found it?

Well, the instructions say you can use it day and night, to avoid the eye contour and to apply to clean skin. I haven't been applying it at night as due to being oily I like to really hydrate my skin at night to reduce oil production the following day, so this is my morning moisturiser only.

I cleanse and tone my face then go in with the moisturiser and then my makeup routine follows. So far I have experience a dramatic reduction in pore size, they used to be like craters, especially when it gets warmer, i have noticed my makeup goes on more flawlessly and it does mattify my skin, but not dramatically. I wouldn't say it's overly mat to the point of drying, I still get some oil seeping through my makeup but the amount of oil has reduced. I have also noticed a more even skin tone and i now get less breakouts which is awesome.

I have been using La roche-Posay's Efflaclar Mat for around a month and a half now, they say to give skincare products 28 days before you decide upon them and since I've overstepped that time frame I am definitely calling this my new holy grail moisturiser. I can live with that fact it isn't 100% matte on my skin, as I use mattifying primer and foundation, plus the other pro's of this product far outweigh the one slight con, it isn't even really a con as it does mattify, just not a substantial amount.

Anyway, my overall verdict for this product is 8/10. I love it an will continue to repurchase until I find something better, If I ever do!

Have you tried this product? What do you think of it? Let me know! 


Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig