Review // Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Foundation

Leave a Comment

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Foundation shade 105 Ivory, £5.99 - Boots

For a while now I've seen the Maybelline Fit Me Matt & Poreless foundation on the blogs and YouTube videos of bloggers overseas and I have been patiently waiting for it to come to the UK.

Having previously tried it's sister foundation the Original Maybelline Fit Me and finding it too dewy for my oily skin I waited and wondered if us Brits would ever get our hands on this version of the foundation without having to order from abroad, but at last, our time has come!

Having oily skin I tend to go for makeup products marketed as matte, these just suit my needs best and no doubt at some point during the day, I will end up oily anyway.

When I got my hands on this foundation I was beyond excited to try it, especially as it was selling for £5.99, what a bargain! 

The packaging is nice, but it does look cheap, especially compared to the Fit Me foundation we are used to in the UK which comes in a glass bottle, but that's just in my opinion. However the shape and nozzle placement allows for more product to come out of the tube, leaving less waste. The black part of the packaging is also matte black to go along with the theme of matte.

The colour range isn't great, I have shade 105 Ivory and that's still slightly too dark for me and I'm usually a NC20 in MAC, if that gives you an indication of my colour, so the shade range could do with tweaking but then again, it does retail at such a low price point I can see why there aren't many shades.

The formula is very watery in consistency but I would say medium but buildable coverage. You can build it up to at most 3 layers I would say, then it definitely gets cakey. The wear time for me and my skin is around 6 hours which in this current crazy UK climate/heat is incredible.

I definitely think for £5.99 you cannot go wrong with this foundation, unless of course they don't do your shade, what I tend to do is mix this with either a lighter or darker foundation depending on whether or not I'm tanned. I have been wearing it on it's own quite a lot just to get a feel for the foundation itself but I do prefer to mix it just for shade matching reasons.

What do you think of this foundation? Have you tried it? Let me know!

Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig