REVIEW // Smashbox Photo Finish Primer 12ml Travel Size

Leave a Comment

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer 12ml, £12.50 - Boots

Hey!

This primer has quite the hype around it in the beauty world so when I saw it in Boots I decided to give it a go and see what the hype was about. I was a bit hesitant to try it because it was so expensive for the small version and I had never tried it before so I felt like I'd thrown myself in at the deepend a little but hey, someone's got to take the risk! (not that I'm the only person...)

This primer has a clear formula and is very lightweight. When I first tried it on my skin I couldn't feel it at first so I basically slathered it on. Oh how I was wrong in doing so. A little tiny bit of this stuff goes a long long way. I just take a pea sized amount - if that - and warm it up between my fingers and then dab it on my cheeks, chin, forehead and nose and then just rub it into my skin in circular motions. After I've done this I also dab it so it settles into the skin a little more and then I leave it to set for about 30 seconds or so whilst I brush through my hair and what not in the morning. After this I go on with my routine as normal, does my foundation and so on. When I first used it I didn't really like it as like I said, I used too much so I found it would make my makeup slip and slide but just the right amount does wonders.

I wouldn't say it mattifies my skin for as long as the Benefit POREfessional does but it certainly does keep my makeup on longer than without a primer at all and it's so light weight it doesn't feel like it has created another layer on top of all my other products it literally feels like nothing is there. I like to use this on days where I don't wear a lot of makeup because it keeps it on for longer without the heavy feeling.

This primer has not exceeded my expectations but I do like it, would I buy it again? I think I'll have to finish the bottle to know that and will do a follow up review!

Do you like this primer? Let me know!


Alicia x
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr



*If you would like to advertise with me, check out the packages I offer on my Advertising page!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig