Top 5 High End Beauty Products

Leave a Comment

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup, £30 - Debenhams // Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Universal Bronzing Makeup Base, £32 - Debenhams // Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit, £39 - Cult Beauty // Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette, £39 - Debenhams // MAC Lipsticks, £15.50 - MAC Cosmetics.

I'm the type of girl who doesn't like to spend a lot of money, on anything, so spending money on high end makeup isn't something I do lightly. If i'm purchasing something from a high end brand I will read and re-read reviews a hundred times before I make my decision.

The bits and bobs I do have that are high end are some of my favourite products and I use them on a daily basis.
Estee Lauder Double Wear in 1C1 Cool Bone.
Everyone and their mum raves about this foundation and I can definitely see why. A few years back I was looking for a foundation that would look flawless, have full coverage and stay put on my oily skin. I was directed to Double Wear and I haven't looked back since. It covers everything, goes on flawlessly and lasts all day. My only gripe is how hard it is to remove, I have to use makeup remover, cleanse 2 or three times and then use toner to completely remove every single bit of it. It's worth it though. Review here.

Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel
This is one of those products I was extremely apprehensive about. I didn't really want to pay £32 for a bronzer but I knew it was supposed to be an amazing product. I read a few reviews saying it turns orange on fair skin but I haven't really found this to be true on my skin (NC15-20 in MAC) It does have a slight orange tinge but when it's blended out it's such a dream I can't even begin to explain. It looks like skin, as weird as that sounds, when you put it on top of your foundation, you can still see through it, so it's quite sheer, but it adds just the right amount of colour and blends out like buttery magic. It's insane. £32 well spent. Review here.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in Light/Medium
I am very much a band wagon rider. If everyone's raving about a product, unless I know it wont work for me, I want it. That's what happened here. It did take me a year or maybe more to jump on the band wagon but I've secured my place and now I want the cream contour palette. If you'd like to read my review click here.

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette
Again, I'd heard a lot of good things about this palette and even though I wasn't too fussed about buying it, when it arrived in work I just wanted it because it was available for me to buy. Needless to say, I'm very happy I threw money at it because I've used nothing else since I bought it. I may still use my Makeup Geek shadows in the crease every now and then but this palette has all you could need. I've let it rest for a bit recently as I've just purchased the Urban Decay Naked Smoky but as soon as I'm done playing with that. This palette will be well used once more. Review here.

MAC Lipsticks (Shades shown are Velvet Teddy, RiRi Woo and Heroine)
The shades shown aren't my favourites but the MAC lipstick range as a whole is. There as so many colours and formulations to choose from that we really are spoilt for choice and that's why they're my favourite lipstick (at a higher price point.) I have many other lipsticks that I love but as a whole, MAC really do it for me and they smell amazing. Review of Heroine here.

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post! I'll be back soon with my 5 favourite beauty items from the Drugstore.

What are you favourites from the high end market? Let me know! Have you tried any of these products?


Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig