February Favourites! Better late than never.

1 comment

My Favourites this February!


Hey guys!
So! This is going to be my first favourites post *exciting* and I'm just going to do it in the average format, nothing too out there! I hope you enjoy it :D

1. TRESemme Split Remedy - the basic gist of this product am i'm sure you're aware of it to help prevent split ends, of course it wont heal them as you cannot repair a split end once its...you know, split! I put this on my hair after i've let it get around 60% dry and it mkes the ends of my hair thicker and more full, i LOVE this product, it doesn't build up and the bottle is still pretty much full after a month of using it every 2-3 days. I would reccomend this!
 2. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in 020 Prink Rose - A very basic product and one I've been using for probably the last 5 years, they recently changed the packaging and made it look more sophistcated and  think it's really cute, basic but professonal. This product lasts all day without having to reapply and gives you a nice pinky glow to your cheeks, i tend to only use it during winter when my cheeks don't really go pink, during summer i tend to just bronze! It's a cheaply priced product at £3.49 (or there about!) I will repurchase and repurchase this until i'm mad enough to spend £10+ on MAC ones or try out Topshop's range!





3. Sleek MakeUP Eyebrow Palette in 818 Dark - I used to always use my beloved Rimmel London pencil but after using this I don't think i'll ever go back to it. This is a great consistency and lasts me ALL day without smudging or wearing away! (unless of course you smudge it with your fingers!) It is a little pricey at £8 just for an eyebrow palette but the cheaper alternative is MUA palette for £3.50. I know with all the recent bad going on with Mr MUA that some people wont want to but it's cheap and in my opinion it works so read my review > here < and decide for yourself!
4. Lush Lip Scrub in Popcorn - This is a little lifesaver product, which i have done a full review on (which you can read > here) You basically take a small amount on your finger and "buff" it into the lips (rub in small circular motions) and just wait until all the unwanted skin has been removed then apply your favourite lip balm. I do this the night & morning before I'm going somewhere important/want to wear lipstick so the lipstick lasts longer and looks better. This product is cruelty free and made in store (there's even a sticker saying who made it and when!) The best bit, in my opinion, is that when you've finished buffing you can lick off the excess as the jojoba oil and caster sugar make it completely edible! You could make it yourself - but i prefer to give £5.25 to an establishment that is against testing on animals!
.  5 Rimmel 1,2,3 Looks Adjustable Volume Mascara in Black - I used to use this years ago and lost the tube somewhere. Recently i haven't seen it on Rimmel shelves anywhere and I've looked EVERYWHERE - Boots, ASDA, Tesco, Superdrug, Online, EVERYWHERE! I recently went into St. John's centre in Liverpool and saw it there for a mere £1.49 and had to buy it straight away this mascara elongates my lashes whilst also giving them volume. The only down side is by the end of the day/night it do start flaking off but i wouldn't say this is a reason not to buy it as it does last a good 6 hours :)

6. L'Oreal LumiMagique Primer and Highlighter - I bought these after reading a review about them on Kate's blog . I never really used a primer for my foundation but thought i would give one a go and since reading the review a few days earlier decided this would be my choice! The primer is quite good but i tend not to use it on my eyes as it encourages my liquid eyeliner (which is a pen applicator one) to smudge and go everywhere but i use it everywhere else on the face. It keep my foundation looking freshly applied for around 4-5 hours which isn't bad because i get a really oily t-zone so overall i'm very impressed! The highlighter i use under my eyes and eyebrow arches and it definitely makes a difference it brightens your face and makes you look more awake/alive on days where the only thing you can think about is how long till i can go back to sleep? This range is a definite winner in my eyes :)
 7. TRESemme Keratin Smooth Deep Conditioning Hair Mask - The reason i bought this in all honesty was because it was on offer with the heat protectant spray! Also I saw a review of it on Katie Snooks blog and she said it was really good. Offer + Good recommendation? Had to buy it. My hair had been suffering due to the bleach i had put in it to ombre it so i thought this mask would help and it did, my hair is nice and smooth and it just looks healthier and it also feels thicker. I use this once a week usually on a Friday as I'm free Saturday morning to wash it out and whatever and it makes my hair feel awesome! :)
 8. Real Techniques Stippling & Powder brushes - I am a huge fan of products that don't test on animals and since these are not made from animal fur I was on them straight away! They apply just the right amount of product and never leave me looking "cakey" no matter how many times i try and reapply, the stippling brush properly evens out my foundation and makes it look seamless! I love these brushes and am currently after the buffing brush but i'm under the impression i'll have to buy the full core collection to get it...might just splash out anyway!
 9. Lacura Shea Body Butter - Ahhhh this smells like heaven in a pot. I apply this when i have a "pamper evening" as I'm sure most girls will understand. It smells amazing and its only £1.79 from Aldi! It leaves my skin feeling moisturised for 24 hours which i think is amazing! If i was my skin to be really soft i apply it only at night as since it's a butter it is of quite a heavy consistency so if i applied it during the day my skin would probably just produce 10x the amount of oil and my make up would slip and slide everywhere! Otherwise i love it thoooough! Hence why it's a favourite ;)
 10. Soap & Glory's Pulp Friction Foamy Fruity Body Scrub - I am i shallow shopper and I admit that i bought this just because of the name...I am however, pleasantly surprised that its amazing! Well I say surprised, I'm not 'cause Soap & Glory are usually top notch anyway! This scrub smells very fruity but also refreshing at the same time and has little beads in it to exfoliate and soften your skin and remove unwanted/excess skin particles! Basically but it it's named after the best movie ever (and it's good your your skin!! haha)
11. Boots Coconut & Almond Leave-in Conditioner spray - I bought this primarily to give my hair a little extra moisture during the day as I recently re-ombre'd my hair and didn't want it drying out too much. Firstly it's definitely helped in that area. I think i'll do a post on ombre hair care eventually (or how i care of my hair anyway!) Going back to the conditioner, it smells lovely and its very very reasonably priced. It's lasting me ages as well so when it does eventually run out I will definitely definitely be repurchasing!
 12. Fudge Urban Sea Salt Hair Spray - As a student i cannot afford the Bumble&Bumble Surf Spray *tear* so i opted for this one after reading a review on the Superdrug website. It is a very good salt spray in my eyes, achieves beachy waves in my hair and gives my hair more texture which is exactly what i was looking for. It's only down side is it makes your hair crispy, I haven't used many salt sprays so i wouldn't know if this is the case which all of them but I don't particularly like that at all not even with hair spray i like a loose hold so my hair looks soft and natural. Otherwise though it is more than enough for me!
13. Nivea Double Effect 48hr Anti-Perspirant - Nothing much to say about this other than it works and smells really good! All my other deodorants anti-perspirants used to wear off. I'm not an overly sweaty/smelly person don't worry that's not what i'm saying! I've just never found one that lasts and now I have! :)






14.  MUA Undressed Eye Shadow Palette - I am in love with this palette, i bought it for £4 from Superdrug and have used it every single day since! The colour selection is a mix of mattes and shimmery tones and all you need to create a basic smokey eye. This product has earner it's place in my "everyday" face/make up routine and i am certainly glad i discovered it. Read my full review > here. <
 15. Sally Hensen Advanced Hard As Nails Strengthener - This little pot contains Nylon and Retinol to help strengthen your natural nails over time. I bought this as an alternative to getting my nails done professionally, which i later caved into and got done anyway but that's another story. My nails usually grow quite long quite fast but they're always weak no mater how many vitamins i take or how healthy i eat to help them. So i bought this and it definitely improved my nails which started to break at least 80% less than they did without it, You apply it to your nails with 2 or 3 coats and then apply your nail polish and in time it strengthens your nails!

16. Provoke Touch of Silver Twice Weekly Brightening Shampoo & John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone Correcting Conditioner - As i have aforementioned i have recently re-ombre'd my hair and need to use products to help this style/add moisture to it. I bought these hair products to cancel out brassy and unwanted yellow/orangey tones and leave my hair looking blonde. I use the Touch of Silver twice a week and the John Frieda about 3 times and my hair is now looking significantly less orange which i am very glad of! I would recommend these to someone who want to cancel out their orange tones but doesn't know what to use :) 



And there we have my first monthly favourites! What did you guys think? What are one or two of your favourites?? Leave comments below!!


Alicia x 

Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. Love Mua Palletes - great Value for money!

    Be great if you could check out my latests outfit posts: Givenchy Rottweiler & my Boohoo Global Styler entry.

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig