REVIEW // Garnier Ultimate Blends The Sleek Restorer Shampoo & Conditioner

Leave a Comment

Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo &  Conditioner 400ml £3.89 each, Boots.

Hair is something that is very important to me. Having spent the last 3 years bleaching, dying, burning (with heat tools, not fire...) and generally mistreating my hair without a second thought, it has to be important. Unless I want to go bald of course!
I have spent the last year and a half trying to make up for my wrong doings ad trying to get my relationship with my hair back on track. I have tried oils, serums, conditioners, masques you name it I've probably tried it. I've tried high end and low end and nothing seemed to be working. Then I was suddenly slapped by Captain Obvious and thought "Hey, maybe I'll get a hair cut, I haven't had one for 5 years." 

YES, FIVE YEARS. You read that correctly. After this hair cut I have seen massive improvements to my hairs health and will continue to get regular cuts whenever I feel my ends are becoming brittle.

Among all the mess I've create, a saviour came to my rescue in the form of a shampoo and conditioner and it is the one you see above. I never really gave these much thought when they were first advertised despite the hype and the over advertisement of the product from Garnier but one day whilst I was browsing Boots and giving up on high end shampoos as they cost more and contain less (majority of the time) I saw Garnier Ultimate Blends The Sleek Restorer range was on offer so I whisked it away and took it home for a test run.

I only apply shampoo onto my roots down to mid lengths to prevent further dryness from the tips, I lather this up for around 30 seconds, rinse, and follow with the conditioner from mid lengths to the tips and leave it on for the remainder of my shower or bath which is usually around 15-30 minutes depending on how much time I have/want to spend in the shower. It is always at least 15 minutes anyway.

Once rinsed off I follow with my normal hair care routine which you can read here, then blow dry and style. 

This range has reduced the frizz from my hair and improved the condition so much in the last few months I've been using it. It hasn't completely changed my life, my hair is over processed so there's only so much on product can do but in terms of what it has done I am definitely impressed for such an inexpensive product and I don't even use the whole range!

My hair used to go dry and straw like a day or two after washing which used to leave me with ends falling off and above all, horrendous split ends but this range has given me a few more days on that time leaving my hair smelling and feeling lovely until my next wash.

I certainly know that these products aren't the only contributing factor in my hairs newly found good health and repair but they have definitely helped me get to where I am today. My hair is finally growing and looking soft and shiny which is what I love. I am definitely going to try a few more from the range, just to switch up my routine but no doubt I will repurchase this formula again in the near future!

Have you tried these hair products? Let me know in the comments.

Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig