REVIEW // Maybelline Colorsensational Elixir

2 comments

Maybelline Colorsensational Elixir (L-R) in Mandarine Rupture, Raspberry Rhapsody & Nude Illusion, £6.99 each - Boots

Right off the bat I want to say I've never been a fan of lipglosses, they're not my deal, they're not my thing and I'm not that gal. Even the none sticky ones, I find my hair sticks to them anyway. Coloured glosses however are a different matter, I love how they can add another level of colour to you lipstick or just your lips on a day where you want a little colour but not too much.

One day whilst browsing in Boots I saw the Colour Elixirs from Maybelline had been brought to the UK and I wanted to try a few so I picked up the ones that stood out to me and I knew I would get the most use out of.


I only picked up three, as there was a 3 for 2 offer on at Boots otherwise I probably would have just gone for the purple (Raspberry Rhapsody) as I know this colour suits my skin tone and I also thought it would go well with my MAC Heroine lipstick.

When I saw them in the tubes I thought "wow, these look so pigmented!" I was expecting something similar to the Rimmel Apocalips (click here for my review on those) but when I tried one on the colour was actually more of a tint that a full on colour, which I actually didn't mind as I thought this would be better for me if I was going to layer it over a lipstick, or like I said before, if I wanted to just have a wash of colour on my lips.

The packaging is very sleek with a clear cuboid sort of shaped vile (if that's the word?) and a sliver, mirrored lid, it looks very nice on my dressing table with all my other lipsticks so this is a definite plus from me. Another plus is due to the packaging being see through, you can actually see the colour straight up when you look at it, making it quick and easy to grab at if you're in a rush, you don't need to search for names or open the product up.

The wand is a doe foot applicator not unlike any other lipgloss so it makes it easy to apply and effortlessly glides over your lips and it also makes it easy to trace the shape of you lips with it.

The product itself is actually really good for a gloss, like I said I'm not a huge fan of glosses and I tend not to buy them but these are so so not sticky (on me) and they prolong the life of my lipsticks if I am pairing these colours with one of my lipsticks, they act sort of like a barrier. Obviously if your heavily eating or drinking throughout the day they do come off but that doesn't bother me whatsoever.

I'm quite surprised by the effectiveness, if you will, of these lipglosses and the colours in the range are amazing, I really want to try Caramel Infusion next as that looks like a gorgeous warm nude colour and I'm all about that life, seriously.

Are you a gloss girl/boy? What do you like/not like about them? What do you think of these glosses in particular? Let me know your thoughts!

Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. I have been eyeing this up for the past few weeks! Defo need to give these ago the nude looks stunning! xxxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love lip gloss unless its really windy because then my hair gets stuck in it and Maybelline is one of my favorite makeup brands but I have not tried these glosses yet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig