HOW TO: Depot MAC e/s

Leave a Comment






Hey :)

So for Christmas, off my boyfriend, I asked for Make Up Geek e/s and a Z-palette to house them all. So when they arrived and I placed them in my palette I was so in love and I was just obsessed with how pretty they looked and it go me to thinking, maybe I should depot my MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow and place it in the palette also, so this is what I did!

The picture of the palette above contains (L-R) Creme Brulee, Peach Smoothie, Cocoa Bear, Corrupt and Prom Night. Then next to it is my newly depotted MAC shadow! I didn't know whether it would be a good idea to put it in this palette to be honest as my boyfriend, Huw (that's his name and it'll be shorted to type than keep typing "my boyfriend") told me he would be wrapping them up and I can't use them till Christmas *Cry.* So to be honest I should have waited by I'm way too impatient so I just depotted it and placed it in the palette and it looks so cute!

Now, I'm going to go through a step by step of what you need to depot your MAC eyeshadows. I don't know if this will work for all shadows as they obviously don't have the same packaging as MAC but hey ho, here we go.

What You Will Need:

  1. Your eyeshadow
  2. Straighteners
  3. A thin knife/something similar
  4. Parchment paper/ Grease paper (or something similar that won't catch fire!)
  5. Your palette
  6. Round Magnets which you can buy here (to stick to the depotted shadow/the palette, alternatively you could use magnetic paper and cut it down to size) 

Ok so now the basics of what you need are out of the way I'll get on to how I actually depotted my shadow! Now I know loads of people have done videos and posts but I thought I'd do one for my readers in case you haven't seen one/ this inspires you to do it. Either way it's a good read, right?


How to depot your eyeshadow!

  1. Open up your e/s case and take your thin object and slot it into the little ridge (this is just above the latch where the lid would clasp onto when closing)
  2. Gently push the thin object down into the ridge and then up and the litte plastic pan holder should pop out leaving you with an empty casing and then the plastic container which holds the shadow pan.
  3. Turn your straighteners onto the hottest heat and set them down onto a heat proof surface or counter (I used my kitchen counter) wait for them to heat up fully.
  4. Place the parchment paper or alternative onto the *OPEN* straighteners and be careful not to burn yourself, then place the plastic container holding the pan, onto the parchment which is on the straighteners.
  5. Leave for 30-40 seconds until you see the plastic slightly adjusting shape. Be sure to leave it long enough otherwise you could damage your shadow.
  6. When you feel the plastic has heated up fully, you should remove it from the heat by pulling the parchment to avoid burning yourself.
  7. Take your eyeshadow and the thin knife or alternative and then push from under the pan and the shadow should pop out. I popped mine out upside down onto the parchment as the metal will be very hot.
  8. When it has cooled, apply the magnet.
  9. This step is optional. Whilst your applying the magnet, plast the empty MAC casing (which the label on the underside) onto the parchment and place onto the straighteners. Make sure you place it label side down.
  10. Wait 30-40 seconds.
  11. REmove it from the heat carefully and then take your thin knife or alternative and slide it under your shadow label.
  12. Apply the label on to of the magnet on the pan.
  13. Place your shadow into your palette and you're done!
This is a super easy thing to do and takes about 5 minutes tops! I personally love that it takes up so much less room on my make up draw and love the look of it!

Make sure you are very careful if you use a knife and if your 16 or under definitely ask your parents/guardian if you're allowed to do this or if they will help! Just make sure you're sensible! I don't want people missing fingers and blaming me haha!

If you're not too keen on depotting then Make Up Geek & MAC do eyeshadow pans for sale anyway so you can buy them ready!

I hope you've enjoyed this post and happy depotting!



Alicia x 

Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr  

*If you would like to advertise with me, check out the packages I offer on my Advertising page!





SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig