First Impressions: Benefit POREfessional Primer

2 comments


Benefit's POREfessional Primer 22ml/0.75 US fl. oz. - £24.50, Debenhams

Hey!

I've heard rave reviews of this product, so naturally being of the oily skinned and large pored variety I had to go out and buy it on pay day.

I've always wanted to try this product and only purchased it on friday and I'm super excited to see what's in store for me and my make up in future! Since I haven't had it very long I'm just going to let you know how it fared over the weekend and how it affected my make up wear and looks!

What Benefit say: Quickly minimise the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. Translucent, oil-free formula complements all skintones and helps makeup stay put. Contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals.
*Source: The NPD Group. Value and Unit Line sales of the Total Prestige Other Face Makeup segment for 2013 Jan to Aug

This product has also won many awards, whilst being shortlisted for other, such as:
Best in Beauty - Best Pore Perfector, Woman and Home, 2011
Shortlisted - Best New Cosmetic Product, The UK Beauty Awards, 2011
Best Makeup Primer, Company Beauty Awards, 2012
Best New Make-up Product: Face - Prestige - FINALIST, CEW Beauty Awards, 2012
Beauty Bible Award Winner, Anti-ageing Beauty Bible Award, 2012
Best Pore Minimising Primer, Social and Personal, 2012
Best Porefector, Woman and Home Beauty awards, 2013

Pretty impressive! Now, i'll get onto what I thought. I applied this product at 1pm after washing, cleansing, toning and moisturising my face. I applied it from the centre of my face patting outwards, as that's what it said on the box, and concentrated quite heavily on places where my pores are the largest such as my cheeks and my nose. After this I applied my make up as normal.

I kept checking my make up throughout the day and usually (if applied at 1pm) my make up tends to start sliding around, due to oily skin around 5 hours later so I'd have to touch up with powder but I found with this on that didn't happen which really impressed me! Even after 8 hours my make up still wasn't oily, it was a little worn down from rain, wind, daily toils etc but no visible signs of oily skin which really impressed me. 

I've read a few reviews from people disliking this product saying it didn't do what it claims and so on. I was super scared I wouldn't like it, because it is quite expensive for what it is and I really wanted to find something that really worked for my skin type and luckily my first impressions are promising!

So far I am really like this product so lets hope it stays that way!

Have you tried Benefit's POREfessional? Let me know your thoughts!

Alicia x
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr



*If you would like to advertise with me, check out the packages I offer on my Advertising page!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig