Maintaining and Upkeeping my bottle Blonde hair.

2 comments






Products Used:
  • John Frieda Sheer Blonde: Go Blonder Shampoo & Conditioner, £5.99 each - Boots
  • Provoke Touch of Silver Twice a Week Toning Treatment, £3.05 - Boots
  • TRESemme Keratin Smooth Deep Treatment Masque, £5.50 - Boots
  • L'oreal Elvive Full Restore 5 60 Second Saviour Masque, £4.99 - Boots
  • L'oreal Triple Resist Reinforcing Treatment, £3.99 - Boots
  • TRESemme Platinum Strength Leave In Conditioner, £5.69 - Boots
  • Boots Coconut & Almond Leave In Conditioner, £1.89 - Boots
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo Fruity & Cheeky Cherry, £2.99, Boots
  • L'oreal Hot & Smooth Hot Straight Heat Protection Spray, £3.69 - Boots
Hey!

Over processed hair needs looking after and I've had my every colour you can think of so taking care of it is really important to me. I try my hardest not to over straighten or over wash it (within reason) and to keep the ends moisturised and trimmed but sometimes you need a little extra help in the form of hair products and these are the ones I use!

I start by washing my hair with the John Frieda shampoo & conditioner as I want my hair to be a light as it can be and no look dull. Some people dislike this range but I find it really works for me and keeps my hair soft, if can dry it out a little though so I tend to only use it twice a week. When I'm not using this I just use whatever is in my bathroom which at the moment is TRESemme Colour Revitalise range. I also use the Touch of Silver treatment twice a week to keep my hair as blonde as it can be. My hair is verging on the silvery/blonde side now so I've calmed down the usage and only tend to use it once a week now as it can have a drying effect on the hair!

After I've finished shampooing etc I, once weekly, use a deep treatment masque for 15 minutes in the shower. My favourites ATM are the TRESemme Keratin one and the L'oreal 60 second saviour. I know its 60 seconds, but after 15 minutes the ends of my hair feel suuuuuper soft, can't harm to keep it on a bit longer!

Out of the shower I use a range of things, sometimes all together sometimes I mix and match. First I use the TRESemme Platinum Strength and the L'oreal Triple Resist. I spray Triple Resist into my rooms and ruffle my hair around then I put Platinum Strength all over my head evenly. After this depending on whether I'm going to blow dry or not I put some heat protectant on as well.

When my hair becomes damp, from blow drying/natural drying, I go in with my Boots Leave In Conditioner and then continue with the drying process. I also spray heat protectant in before hair drying and after if I'm going to straighten it straight away.

I try not to wash my hair too often, maybe once every 3 or 4 days because I like the natural oils to have a chance at nourishing my hair. Obviously I don't want my hair to LOOK oily so I use Batiste to keep it looking fresh and smelling lovely.

This is basically all I do to my hair and I';ve tried to explain it as indepth as possible but there really isn't much to it and I'm sure in fact I'm positive everyone knows how to apply products haha.

What products do you use? Could you recommend me any new ones that are good for keeping hair from going dry etc? Let me know in the comments below!

Alicia x
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr



*If you would like to advertise with me, check out the packages I offer on my Advertising page!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. The leave in conditioner sound really nice! x

    http://whatwizardryisthis.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig