HOW TO: Make a gingerbread latte at home.

7 comments
Hey!

So as the title says, this post is going to be letting you know how to make a Gingerbread latte just like the ones in Costa Coffee!

I love love love loveeeee the Gingerbread latte from Starbucks & Costa but hate that they're only seasonal, so I got thinking, can I make this myself? I then found out, yes, I can and it tastes virtually the same!

There are a few minor tweaks as, obviously, I don't have the same equipment in my home as they have in Costa. So this is the home version and everyone who has a kettle and a microwave can definitely take part!

Now onto how to make the most important part of the latte - the syrup. The syrup is what gives the coffee that gingerbread taste to it and this recipe will give you enough syrup to make a good 10+ drinks.

GINGERBREAD SYRUP

What you will need:

  • Weighing Scales
  • Measuring spoons/teaspoons
  • Ground Ginger (2 Teaspoons)
  • Ground Cinnamon (1 Teaspoon)
  • Granulated Sugar (200g/1 & a half cups)
  • Water (500g/2 cups)
  • Vanilla Extract (Half a teaspoon)...(for some reason it skipped my mind to picture it)
Method:
  1. Mix the water, sugar, cinnamon and ginger into a pan on high heat and whisk continuously, bring it to the boil.
  2. Once boiled, cover the pan with a lid of some sort, and let it simmer (reduce heat) for 15 minutes, whisking every 5 minutes.
  3. Once the timer is up, put the mix into a heatproof container and let it cool down.
  4. Once cooled, mix in the vanilla extract and store the mixture into the fridge. It should last up to two weeks.
Now you know how to make the syrup you can add it to whatever you like, hot milk, hot chocolate, tea, coffee and obviously lattes! Now let's move onto how I make my latte! (Frothy coffee)

LATTE

What you'll need:
  • A mug
  • An espresso cup/shot glass/ any small container for liquid of similiar size
  • Milk
  • Coffee granules (any)
  • A whisk/electric whisk/milk steamer (whichever you have)
  • A measuring jug/something to whisk/steam the milk in
  • Kettle
  • Microwave
  • Whipped cream (optional)
This part is where you can choose whether you want to go pro and do a proper latte or, if you're like me, do a different spin on a latte using common household appliances, but it basically comes out with the same end result!

Method:
  1. Fill you mug about half full with milk, then pour the milk into the measuring jug, add a small amount of Gingerbread syrup (I usually just go by eye and pour a bit in until I can smell it/the milk turns a tiny bit brownish)
  2. Place in the microwave for 1 minute (or steam the milk)
  3. Whilst the mix is in the microwave, boil the kettle and add 1 spoon of coffee to your small cup. Then pour the hot water in once the kettle has boiled, stir to mix the coffee.
  4. Bring the gingerbread milk mix out of the microwave once the timer has done and whisk it until you can see the milk becoming frothy/air bubbles appearing.
  5. Pour the gingerbread milk and the small cup of coffee into your mug, mix it together and enjoy!
There we have it, that's exactly the steps you need to follow to make your own gingerbread latte at home, easy right? They taste super good too! 

Please let me know if you use this method, I'd love to hear your feedback!


Alicia x
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr



*If you would like to advertise with me, check out the packages I offer on my Advertising page!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

7 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing, I need to give this a try. I hate it when things are only seasonal! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Especially when I'm addicted. They must make their moneys worth though cause addicts like me will panic and buy two a day hahaha. xxx

      Delete
  2. Ooh, what a great post! Would love to give this a go! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kills half an hour when you have nothing to do :) lasts ages aswell! (unless you drink a lot of it like I do haha) xxx

      Delete
  3. Sounds delicious, I'll have to try it I love gingerbread lattes!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Defintely a favourite of mine. Got me to love coffee haha! xxx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig