REVIEW: Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in 004 Light Porcelain/Champagne

Leave a Comment


Hey guys!

So this review is a strange one as the product has been out for a while but I've recently rediscovered it as my "holy grail" foundation isn't so "holy grail" ish in the summer times - unless its sheer coverage. Boohoo! So I went back to my old friend Dream Matte Mousse. You remember the times, in year 8/9 when everyone was just getting into make up properly and this was their go to foundation etc etc.

I used to use this foundation about 2 years ago and then for some reason, just stopped and started trying other foundations. But recently I've gone back to it as I was looking for a whipped/mousse foundation and knew this one worked on my skin tone.

I applied this over primer (Rimmel's Matte Perfect 5-in-1 primer) and then dab and buff it onto my skin with Real Techniques Buffing Brush. This colour is absolutely perfect for my skin but I couldn't remember much about the formula because it had neither wowed nor made me weep at wasting my money. So I tried it again and see what I thought of it.

I wore it for a night out in the pub and set it with Rimmel's Stay Matte powder in Transparent. It lasted all night and I even go compliments on my soft/even looking skin! The only thing that annoyed me was it really drew attention to any dry skin and having combination skin, this doesn't usually happen! I was impressed that it didn't slide off my oily tzone though so that was a plus!

It lasted me a good 4 hours in the pub with no signs of wearing off. I usually touch up after 4 hours but with this one I reckon I'd only need to add some powder to mattify my skin again and i'd be good to go!

This product used to be £6.98 but it's now gone up to £7.98 which I think is a reasonable price for the product you get. I will continue to repurchase this product when it runs out but I will also continue the search for my "holy grail" !

Have you tried this foundation? What do you think??

Alicia x
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr

                                               
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig