FAVOURITES // June.

2 comments


Ah favourites time again, each month (nearly) every blogger writes one of these to share what their favourite product, items, things have been in the month that's passed. I am no exception, although I do find these posts helpful, I can't help also finding them a little monotonous in the way they're presented. But, alas, I am no exception and will drill out to you my favourites of the month June 2014!

Since the weathers been a little warmer I've been opting for the lighter BB cream rather than my usual foundation. The one I've been reaching for most is the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream SPF 30 in Light this is just really good on those days where you don't want to feel like your face is weighed down by foundation and products, although I am oily in skin type this version seems to work better than the one actually targeted towards oily skin, at least for me anyways. I always start of with a primer no matter what base I'm wearing as I have quite large pores so the Benefit POREfessional Primer has been my favourite for a long while now, I'm currently still on my first bottle despite using it since February but it is on it's last legs, I've actually cut it open so I can scrap out the last bits of the stuff, but fear not, I have the little mini travel version waiting for me when my 22ml version kicks the bucket!

I've been in love with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge since it came out but recently I've been too lazy in the morning to go downstairs, dampen it, then come back upstairs and use it so I've been reaching into my brush pot for my foundation/base brushes. The one I've been reaching for the most is the Real Techniques Buffing Brush it just buffs in the base so so flawlessly and it's super soft on the skin and I've just been loving it for my foundation/BB Creams.

For the face/powder products we all want that summer bronze look around the summer time, right? I've been using a combination that is not only to die for but smells amazing too! To get my cheeks bronzed and glowing I've been using Bourjois Delice De Poudre Bronzing Powder in 52 and MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Soft and Gentle Highlighter with these two on my cheeks I really feel like I've been tanning and looking after my skin, even though it's just a powdery visage, it doesn't look cakey on the skin and I love them both separately or together.

Recently that "Kylie Jenner" nude, plump lips look in really on trend right now and I'm seeing it everywhere. My lips are naturally quite full so with the help of a glossy nude lip they look plump and moisturised. The lip concoction I've been loving is L'oreal Privee Collection in Cheryl's Nude and Maybelline ColorSensational High Shine Gloss in Coffee Kiss these two together are a dream, I'm not so fond of the gloss on it's own as after a while it really dried out my lips if I don't reapply every few hours but on top of a lipstick it prolongs the wear and keeps my lips moisturised and looking plump and I just love it.

As for eye's I've been keeping it pretty simple. I've been creating most of my eye looks with my Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette it's so versatile and can take you from day to night. Rumour has it that it's a close dupe for the Naked 3 Palette also and for £4 you can't lose. i'm actually giving one away, click here to go to my giveaway! On the lashes I've been loving Maybelline's The Rocket Waterproof Mascara the only thing I'm not so in love with is getting it off, it sticks like glue, but that will be great, I'm hoping, for when I go into the water on the beach! It really holds a curl in my lashes and is super super black. I also like the super thick look of lashes so I've been pairing L'oreal Miss Mange Mascara in Black with my The Rocket one, I usually put the waterproof one on first, let that dry a little bit then layer over the Miss Manga and boom, big luscious lashes!


Non Beauty Favourites

Food: Jacket Potato with lots of butter and cheese. YUMMERS
Song: Summer - Calvin Harris
Item of Clothing: My pinapple print runner shorts from Missguided!
Drink: Good old tea!
Blogger/youtuber: Zoe LDN of www.zoelondon.me

Those were my favourites of June 2014? What were yours? Let me know in the comments!

Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. Lovely set of favourites you got there. MAC Mineralize Skin Finish is an all-time fave of mine. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig