LIFE // The Best Advice I Have

2 comments


Currently I'm sitting in my living room with my family, my cats and my cup of tea and just spinning words from the top of my head, not knowing if I will even make sense to any of you, but hopefully I will write something of meaning and something you can take away from this blog post, hopefully.

A couple days/a week ago I wrote a blog post about feeling overwhelmed with pressure and anxiety about not getting blog posts out on time and to the satisfaction of my readers and feeling as though I was really insignificant and that my blog was just sliding through the cracks of a much bigger blogging world that I couldn't seem to break into and this post kind of slides along next to that whilst also giving the people who feel like they're in the same position as me, a little helping hand and a friendly "you're not alone in feeling this way" because every now and again it does get a little to much, even for us not so big bloggers (if we're going to even step into the "big and little" realm) but let's be real, stress does funny things to the way we think and the way we react in a situation, and I was in serious "my blog is nothing compared to *insert big blogger here* so what's the point" mode.

At the time of writing this post a lot of other posts were going round about the same topic from bloggers such as Victoria from In The Frow, Katie from Scarphelia, Zoe from Zoella and so on and they all got my feelings spot on, but the fact is, they weren't MY feelings which is why I put in my own two cents.

I recently have felt like my blog, even though I love it and I love my content and I love the control I have over it has been a little monotonous, review after review after review. I felt like I was becoming a bit of a robot churning out things I thought were relevant and things I thought "beauty bloggers were supposed to do" and not writing anything worth reading, no matter how much effort I put into it and how many days I spent scheduling posts it just felt a bit half arsed and not much thought was going into it and I wanted to change that, the question that was haunting me was - how?

I thought If I took a week of blogging and then I would miraculously come back and be a blogging master creating posts that would get a million views a minute or whatever but truth is, my heart just wasn't in it at that point so I ended up unintentionally taking another week out in which I wasn't "officially" on blogging break, I just couldn't be bothered to post. Just because every time the thought of writing a blog post cropped up, I'd just procrastinate to take my mind off the fact that I was bored of even writing the same old crap anymore.

The thought of blogging and writing monotonous review after review after favourites after "my favourite this or that for under £10" was just haunting me as I want my blog reflect a little bit of me and who I am rather than just a faceless beauty blogger. No offence to those posts and the poster's they help me heaps but my blog was becoming solely that and I was just regurgitating information I thought people wanted to see. I want to have my own stamp and for my posts to show my passion and thought within them. So the very thought was keeping me from blogging and keeping me from wanting to even open my laptop and go onto any blogs, I just did not want to do it for a short period of time, until I rethought my take on blogging and pushed myself back into it.

My honest advice to anyone feeling the same would be to take a break, not a huge one, maybe 2-3 days and just really think about what it is you really want to write about and what it is you're passionate about. I'm passionate about makeup and lifestyle writing really fascinates me to read and to write so I love to write about that, but writing just beauty on it's own really took it's toll on my blog and it became a one topic blog, which wasn't my style. So now, I've changed it and I'm feeling a lot more motivated and happy about my blogs outlook.

So honestly, from me to you - just throw yourself back into blogging full force and whole-heartedly. Once you really grasp what it is you're passionate about writing, it'll basically write itself and it will really pay off because your passion will show through.

I feel to make my blog relavent to my readers I have to be true to ME and I'm still figuring out how to do that, but hopefully, in time my blog will grow with me and it will be a sort of step by step of how I've grown as a person.

Until next time,

Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. I think this is something really important to realise, when it comes down to it your blog is for you and then the readers who enjoy your content will come. I find it better to think of that way, rather than catering to a crowd. I know that my posts on more lifestyle or sciencey things aren't as popular as my beauty posts but I like them the best so I will continue to focus on them! So hope you still enjoy blogging in the future :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, do what you love and just keep doing it. Blogging isn't about the numbers its about sharing what you love with likeminded people. :) xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig