Alicia's Declassified Festival Survival Guide - Part One: Preparing/The Essentials

Leave a Comment

Hey guys!

Ok so I'm going to write a series of 3 "Alicia's Declassified Festival Survival Guide" posts (funky name huh? ;) ) delivering all you need to know to get you through your festival of choice this summer. I am by no means an expert having only been to a festival twice but If this was my first time going, this is the sort of post I would have liked to read!

The parts will pan out like this: 
  1. The Essentials: What to take and how to prepare for a festival.
  2. Festival Outfit Do's and Don't/My ultimate festival wear
  3. Top 5 festival rules to 'survive' and a summary of the festival survival guide!

Let's Get Going!


Costs
When going to a festival, you have to think about how much it's all going to cost, you don't want to buy the ticket and think, oh crap I've got no money for a tent or food...So I've complied a list of things you should consider the cost of when planning for a festival!
  • Tickets - First and foremost, can you afford the ticket? If not then I don't think you need to read on haha!
  • Travel costs -  How are you travelling first off train? If so, how much is an open return and how will you get from the station to the festival? Coach travel will again require tickets which you will need to check the price of. Are you travelling with a friend? Do they require petrol money? Or if you're driving, how much petrol money will you require and will you need a parking pass? All this will factor in to the overall cost of your festival experience.
  • The Essentials - I'll go over this in my next part of this post but I will name a few of the essentials you may need here. A tent (unless you're sharing), food, beauty products, alcohol and so on.
  • The Checklist - When you're packing, make a check list of this I've written in this post to ensure you don't miss anything out. Or make your own checklist :)




The Essentials

These are basically my essentials when I go to a festival. I've split the essentials into three categories: Beauty, Hygiene and Miscellaneous or Other. Again, these will all work into the cost of your festival experience. Maybe it would be a good idea to work up a festival list and price everything out or create a "Festival Budget" list!

Beauty Products
  • Eyeshadow primer and palette
  • Eyebrow kit and pencil
  • 2 lipsticks - Usually a bright and a neutral
  • Foundation, powder and primer
  • Mascara and eyeliner
  • Blush and bronzer
  • Leave in conditioner
  • Multitasking makeup brush
  • A small mirror
These are the types of things I would take in terms of make-up, even if I am at a festival I don't want to look like a mole! I like to keep it simple and don't tend to use all the products whilst I'm there for example, sometimes I won't use foundation, I just take it in case of a sudden breakout due to lack of taps and showers, my skin tends to suffer! I take leave in conditioner to stop my hair from going dry and brittle in the sun/with all the dry shampoo I use and to keep my hair smelling fresh during the last few days. I used hairspray to further set my make up ask I don't want to take my expensive setting spray, we all know festivals are known for people thinking they can take all your belongings, I experienced this when someone took £4 out of my purse and a pair of my underwear :s oh and then threw crisps all over my tent...Lovely!

Products used:
  • Rimmel Lash Excellerator Endless Mascara
  • Real Techniques Buffing Brush
  • Soap&Glory Super Cat pen
  • Rimmel blusher and Bourjois Bronzer
  • Boots Coconut leave in conditioner
  • One Direction compact mirror
  • Rimmel Stay Matte power
  • Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation
  • Rimmel Stay Matte primer
  • MUA eyeshadow palette (undress me) & Pro-Brow Kit
  • Kate Moss for Rimmel Matte lipstick in 103
  • Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic
  • Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover eyeshadow primer
Hygiene Products 

  • Baby Wipes
  • Dry Shampoo
  • Deodorant
  • Hair Brush
  • Dental Floss, Mouth Wash, Toothpaste and Toothbrush
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Toilet Roll
  • Somewhere to store it all.
(Tooth brush, hand sanitizer  toilet roll, mouthwash and toothpaste not pictured because I didn't have any mini's to hand)

These are the basics in terms of hygiene products that I would take to a festive. I tried to keep it to a minimum due to packing space, don't want to lug your whole skincare regime and hair care product collection with you so only the essentials are needed! I would usually use Batiste dry shampoo but this Tresemme one that I've discovered is fantastic and doesn't leave the white powder on you hair. I thought this would be fab for festivals because then you don't need to spend ages in the mirror blending the powder and it smells lovely!

Products Used:

  • Tangle Teezer
  • Tesco Baby Wipes and Dental Floss
  • Nivea Deodorant
  • Tresemme Dry Shampoo
  • Boots carry case
Miscellaneous/Other
This section is just of things that didn't really fit into the Beauty or Hygiene categories but are still essential things you will need when going to a festival! I don't have a picture of these things as usually after each festival I throw some of my things away as they're either cheap or they get ruined! Ok so here is a list of things :)

  1. A Tent - For obvious reasons, to sleep in! Unless you are sharing a tent with someone this is a pretty important item haha!
  2. Wellies - Festivals are known for raining (especially in Britain) and since they're in the middle of the country  mud appears and wellies are a must bring item to any festival, even if it doesn't rain they give you that festival look! also, buy welly socks/over the knee to avoid boot rub, it burrrrrrns!
  3. Sleeping bag - You can also take a blow up pillow and a sleeping mat if you want to, i usually do!
  4. Money -  A good thing to do with your money is hide it in all different places, if someone does come into your tent without you knowing, you can hope if they only find one stash that you have plenty more with you! Or don't draw much out and go into a near by town to get it! Either way don't keep large amounts of money in one place or on you when you're going round the fields drunk! Which brings me to...
  5. Alcohol - Of course if you're over 18 ;) + drink responsibly
  6. Rain coat/Mac - you can get cheap mac's from Tesco if you don't have a rain coat and don't want to splash out, I saw one there for £1.50 it's good to just buy and throw away after the festival.

This is just a rough list but these are the basics that I take! 

Have you ever been to a festival? What's your favourite? :)

Alicia x
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig