REVIEW // Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

Leave a Comment

Hey!

Being a massive fan of the Benefit POREfessional I had to try the Maybelline offering when it hit the shelves. This primer retails in Boots, Superdrug and online for £7.99 and you get 22ml of product just like the POREfessional but without the hefty price tag. This was said to be, by the public, a drugstore dupe for the Benefit offering, but I don't think it is and I don't think Maybelline intended it for that purpose, however more on that later!

The Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser is a primer that is said to make pores appear instantly erased for smoother looking skin. This lightweight primer apparently leave the skin smooth and poreless looking. You can apply it alone or under your makeup whichever you would prefer.

To me this primer feels really nice on my skin, it feels soft and does leave the skin feeling smooth and looking smoother than before I applied it. I wouldn't say it hides my pores but it definitely blurs them out a little bit and it feels really lightweight on my skin so nothing too heavy and greasy feeling which you can often get with primer containing silica/silicone. It is a transparent formula and mattifies the skin wonderfully. This is especially good for me as I am super super oily during this time of year and the majority of the year but especially spring/summer. It is fragrance free which is a bonus (it doesn't say fragrance free but it doesn't smell of chemicals or perfume) and my makeup looks good on top of it.

However, I do find that this doesn't last long at all on my skin, after about an hour, my pores are visible, almost as if its sank into them making them look like oily craters on the moon (I have very large pores so when makeup sinks into them it accentuates them, this product didn't make my pores any larger, I just naturally have them large.) Another thing that niggled me was that it didn't erase my pores at all, like the POREfessional does, I wouldn't mind if it was call Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Blurring Effect or whatever but it's not, it said it would erase the look of my pores and unfortunately, it didn't. Sadly enough, after around 2 hours, I was as oily as ever and yes I've tried with and without moisturiser, with different moisturisers, using a brush, using my fingers, using a little, using a lot, different ways of cleaning and toning my face etc etc etc. It was all one big hassle for a product I don't believe worked very well for me which is a shame as I was really excited for it.

Don't get me wrong it feels and looks flawless on me, for about 2 hours and then not even blotting can save me. I'm going to continue to trial and error ways of using it and hope I find one that works for me as I've bought it so I want to use it because considering I can get 30ml of Rimmel 5-in-1 primer for £6.99 saying that this is 22ml for £7.99 has annoyed me a little because I got less for a product that doesn't do what it says (on my skin).

What do you think of the Maybelline Baby Skin? Let me know!


Alicia x
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr



*If you would like to advertise with me, check out the packages I offer on my Advertising page!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig