Favourite Magazine Freebie Samples July/August 2013

Leave a Comment


Marie Claire - £3.80
Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black
I love me some liquid eyeliner, so when I saw Marie Claire were giving away a sample of the Eyeko Skinny Mini I was all over it. As you can see from the swatch this pen can go thick or thin depending on how you want your eyeliner. It also is smudge resistant. I tested this by drawing my name on my hand and just smudging it at random points throughout the day, it hardly budged! Now obviosuly this isn't a like for like test as the skin on you hand is different to your eye lids but I thought if it was good on my hands, which are exposed to more, it must be good on my lids! I will do a full review but my one qualm was that if you try to go over the liner whilst it's drying it sort of removes the liner you've already put there and it takes a while for the ink inside to leak out to the felt tip so I was shaking the pen like mad for about a minute until it was fully saturated!

Red Magazine £4
L'Occitane Immortalle Precious Cream 
Not gonna lie I bought this out of shallowness for the brand and the packaging! But needless to say I am pleasantly surprised. This cream is for people with dry skin but I have quite oily skin so I just use it as an under eye cream and on any dry skin patches I may have from healing spots and what not and it works wonderfully! It's super cute and effective and I'm really glad I picked this up. It;s definitely taken it's place in my skin care routine!

Harpers Bazaar - £4.20 
Ren Mini Skincare Set
I haven't really had a chance to use these but I used the day and the night cream and they're VERY moisturising. It states these products are for people with "normal" skin but what the hell is normal skin? Does that mean all skin types? Or people who's skin does nothing at all? Or people who are a combination of everything? I don't know! I think I'll use these more during the Winter when my skins goes slightly drier to add some moisture in. I know my skins oily but I've heard depriving it of moisture and oil to combat oilyness can have an adverse effect and create more oil so I'm all for some moisture!

So these were my favourite finds of magazine freebies for "august" magazine (that came out in July!) Have you got these products? Let me know!

Alicia x
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig