DIY: How To Fix Your Broken Lipstick Bullet

4 comments

What You'll Need:
  • A Broken Lipstick
  • A Lighter
  • A Plastic Sheet/Sandwich Bag
  • A Freezer
Hey guys!

So recently I broke my MUA lipstick and I was devastated, it may not be expensive but you know, I was just gutted my lipstick broke really and I thought, I wonder if I can fix this?

So I thought well I need to harden the broken lipstick bullet so when I tried to  attach it back to the tube, it didn't smush in my hands. I did this by taking the broken bullet, laying it on a plastic sheet and putting it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. 

After the time was up, I took the lipstick out of the freezer and laid it flat on my table top. When doing this part you need to act fast to make sure the lipstick doesn't melt. I then took my lighter (picture 2) and used it to slightly heat the underneath of the bullet to ensure it was slightly melted.This is so it will take shape onto the tube.

You then need to smooth all the lines to make it look good as new and like it was never broken! (picture 3) Personally I used the lighter to melt the lipstick back together as mine looked like some one had stuck their nail into it so the gap was too big to bridge by smudging it. Then I twisted the lipstick in and out of the tube a few times to make sure it was still moveable.

After this I took my plastic sheet and laid the lipstick back in the freezer (picture 4) for a further 10-15 minutes and when it comes out, it's good as new!

I hope this post helped you if you had the traumatic experience of snapping a lipstick, let me know if this was helpful :)

(sorry for the blurry photos, it was hard to do this with only 2 hands haha!)

Alicia x
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments

  1. Wow that's a new trick i'll try it hope it works for me



    www.fashionkween.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so clever! never thought of that!:) xxx
    www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post thanks! I have a few lipsticks that need saving because they have melted apart from the bullet so I will definitely be trying this out :D Thanks for sharing! x

    Beaumaquillagex | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh great tutorial! Thanks for sharing :)

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig