NAILS // D.I.Y Stiletto Nails (

2 comments






Broadway Stick on Nails (long length), £7.99 - Boots

I am one of those girls who longs painted, long nails but is cursed with weak nails. Every time I paint my own nails, the paint cracks and chips and the nails just break so I often like to get my nails done professionally but pays £25 a time just isn't my idea of a great time, plus I hate the way acrylic nails ruin my natural nails. So with all that said I decided to see if I could do my own nails, temporary nails for nights out and special occasions, that wont ruin my natural nails and wont cost a bomb. So I pick up some long stick on nails from Boots and had a go myself!



Sorry about the lighting in the pictures of the nails, I was doing this in the evening and couldn't find a good light but you can see the shape of the nails etc which is the main priority!

If you want to attempt this yourself you will need:
  • Stick on nails (any will do, just make sure they're long enough to trim down, if you get them too short you'll have nothing to work with)
  • Scissors or nail clippers to cut your natural nails and to trim/shape the false nails
  • Nail file (usually there's one included in the false nail packet but if not you'll need one)
  • Nail colour of your choice and a topcoat & basecoat (optional)
  • Nail Varnish remover
Step-by-step how to guide:
  1. Firstly, remove any old nail varnish with nail varnish remover. If your have no nail varnish I would still go over the natural nails with some nail varnish removed just to get rid of any excess oils etc.
  2. Cut your natural nails down.
  3. Start collecting the right sized false nail, be sure to measure against each nail and put to one side so to not confuse yourself.
  4. Glue the false nails on, I apply glue to the nail and the natural nail and the press down for 10-15 seconds ensuring that when I apply the nail it's from the base to the top of my nail.
  5. Wait an additional 30 seconds for all the nails to dry fully after they're all applied.
  6. After they've dried take your nail clippers to scissors and cut each corner of the nails to create a point and then snip the very point of the nail off to create a flat liner, it makes it easier to round the nail off.
  7. File the nails to your desired shape, you can see what shape I made mine above.
  8. Use a base coat (optional) to all nails and then when this has dried apply your chosen colour. I chose OPI - Red My Fortune Cookie. When this has dried use a top coat fr added protection and shine.
  9. Apply cuticle oil or hand cream to the cuticles and ta da! Stiletto nails at home!
This usually takes me around 30 minutes to a hour to complete but it's so much cheaper than going to a nail bar and it's quicker because you can do it in your own time. I work in retail and I'm often not very light handed and these nails last me around 6-7 days of wear, they suggest not to go past 7 days of wear but at day 6 mine tend to start lifting off at the base, it's not bad though for £8!

Have you ever tried this method? Let me know in the comments below!



Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. Wowww these look SO KILLER!!! My nails always break too because doing the washing up always weakens them :( Definitely going to try this!

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :), it's so much easier and more efficient than a nail salon if it's just for a special occasion. xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig