REVIEW // Revlon Color Stay Foundation in Ivory

Leave a Comment



Revlon Color Stay 24hr Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory - £12.99, Boots

Having oily skin is a bit of a problem for me, I like to skimp on products in my routine, using barely anything to get ready, but having skin that resembles the bottom of a frying pan I can't really skimp since I need sitting powder, primer, eye shadow primer and so on for my makeup to stay well. I've found that buying products suited to you skin type makes a HUGE difference, it's a no brainer, right? My latest find is Revlon Color Stay Foundation and here's why I think it deserves a review.


Revlon Color Stay is a foundation I've always wanted to try but never really got round to buying, I think this may have been because, for a drugstore foundation, the price tag is pretty hefty. Nevertheless with my usual Max Factor foundation running out I decided it was now or never.

The foundation glides onto the skin leaving a semi-matte finish, once powdered it become completely matte. It takes a while for it to fully settle into the skin but never fully dries onto the skin so it is very blendable and easy to maneuver with a sponge or brush.

It has medium - full coverage that is buildable but I usually just stick to the medium as it takes a while for the foundation to dry enough for me to apply a second layer, if you do apply a second layer, it doesn't become cakey and it is very lightweight. 

The staying power is great but I don't agree with the 24hr claim, this foundation stays on my skin for around 5-6 hours and then it starts to become a little oily in some places. I do have very oily skin so that is probably why but for a foundation which is aimed at oily skin to claim 24hr wear is a big deal and I wasn't expecting nor wanting it to live up to the claim. I wash my foundation off at the end of every night anyway.

I definitely think this foundation is worth a try if you have combination/oily skin and are looking for something that will stay put but for my my Max Factor one serves me better and also my Estee Lauder double wear. I will probably purchase this again though as the colour match for my skin is brilliant!

What do you think of this product? Let me know!


Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig